Vulcan is the first automated workstation to combine the two essential steps of sample preparation; digestions and aliquot transfer. Vulcan is the only automated digestion system capable of preparing the samples to be analyzed by transferring an aliquot of the digestate to an autosampler rack which is then ready to be analyzed.
• Capable of heating up to 230º C
• QBlocks available to accommodate 15, 25, 50 and 100 ml digestion vials
• Vials available in Teflon, Glass and Polypropylene material
• Customise QBlocks are available to accept specific size and shape of digestion vessel
• PTFE coated graphite block and housing to prevent contamination
• Choice of All-plastic housing for extreme corrosion resistance
• Unparalleled Temperature homogeneity of +/- 1º C across the block
Makeup Volume (Final Dilution):: Sample levels are monitored for individual vials using a non-contact level sensor. The sensor reads the initial sample volume and dilutes the samples to the user’s specified volume.
Dilutions and Sample Transfer:: The PTFE-coated carbon fibre probe and sample loop pick up, stores, dilutes and transfers samples to autosampler racks. The sample probe and loop are thoroughly cleaned externally and internally between each sample. It is possible to generate multiple dilutions for one sample.
Stirring: Samples are homogenized by a stream of bubbles which force the sample to mix with the lighter diluent. The probe also moves laterally to help speed up this process. Duration of mixing for each sample is user-defined.
Wash Station: The sample probes are washed in a dual chamber wash station to eliminate sample-to-sample cross-contamination. The diluent flows within the well to clean the sample from the sample loop.
• 6 individually operated syringes
• PTFE-syringe to handle HF acid
• All PTFE-values and fittings provide an inert environment
• Programmed to dispense precise amounts from 6 syringes at the same time
• Easy mounting and replacement of syringes